We offer an ambulatory equine veterinary service from our Wonthaggi Clinic with a specific equine veterinarian servicing the Bass Coast Shire every Thursday and Friday.
To ensure the safety of our veterinarians and your horses, we offer a purpose built equine clinic in Leongatha. Facilities at the Livestock and Equine (LEC) centre include:
- Stables – IV fluid administration; medical management of sick horses; confinement for wound management
- Equine crush – restraint for reproductive procedures – AI, flushing mares, removal of membranes
- Dummy mare – collection of semen from trained stallions
- Day yards – secure location for you to leave your horse while awaiting procedures; ability to fast for gastroscopy
- Round yard – anaesthesia; lameness examinations
- Small paddocks – agistment for AI and horses requiring ongoing medication/management
In order to offer the most accurate diagnosis of your horse’s medical or physical injury, we have a range of diagnostic equipment
- Portable digital xray – wireless plate with portable view station for immediate image production
- Portable ultrasound – reproductive scans, chest and abdominal ultrasound, tendon/muscle scans
- Endoscope (at LEC) – respiratory endoscopy, gastroscopy for stomach ulcers
- Blood profiles – option of in house bloods for quick turn around of results in sick animals
For more information on our equine facilities or to book an appointment for your horse, please call us on (03) 5672 1044 ext 2.